Monday, October 6, 2008

Proverbs 31 wife


As I was reading in the Bible today my heart was longing to read Proverbs 31 again. From time to time I like to be reminded about the wife of noble character. To look beyond what society views in a woman and to seek what God wants in a woman. It is so easy to get caught up in the desires of this world which only leads to the distance of our creator. As I read the passage this morning I was convicted to examine my own life and the example that I set as a wife, mother and friend. As my daughter grows and matures I want nothing less than the best for her. However, I know that I need to instill in her what this world will not..... characteristics of noble character. In order to do so this requires me setting the example....which I so often fall short of. I want my daughter to know that external beauty is nice, but internal beauty is priceless. If only we could buy wisdom, strength and dignity, but we can't. These things must be sought after and can only be done so through our heavenly father. I look at Kirsten and can't believe she is 12 years old already. Then I think if these past 12 years have gone by so quickly surely the next 6 will escape me. I know more now than ever as she is entering her teenage years that I must grab her and hold on ever so tightly before she is sucked into the whirlwind of this world. I must pray over her more than ever and have constant open communication. My hearts desire is to produce a godly young lady who will stand up for what she knows is right and who will earnestly seek a loving relationship with our heavenly father.

2 comments:

The Parkers said...

You are already setting a wonderful Godly example for your daughter. She is blessed to have you as her mother. By the way, she really favors you in this photo!

Savings Cafe said...

That was a great post! I really enjoyed reading it...Thanks!